Still enjoying the effects of the nerve blocks. Got some sleep last night, but as you know, they wake the patients often to check on them (right when they seem to get to sleep). Nevertheless, Emma is chipper as could be this morning.
At 4:30 am, one of the ortho surgeons came in to check on her. He woke her gently with a flashlight in his hand and asked her how she was. She popped up and said, "Great!" "Great?" he said in disbelief. "I never hear great." :)
The leg still feels numb, but it has given her a chance to gain her stength, learn how to get around and enjoy some pancakes for breakfast. Here we are this morning...
We also enjoyed a visit with Grandma Sally and Grandpa Arthur last night.

4 comments:
Hi Emma!!! It is so good to hear that you have been eating well, resting comfortably and even receiving visitors!! That is GREAT! I knew your wonderful disposition would impress everyone because you are such a strong, positive and special girl. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
love, Diane
p.s. This blog is great for checking in on you. I especially like seeing all the pictures. You look grea!
xoxo
Diane
Hi Emma! So glad to hear that your surgery was fine! Your cast is very pretty. Your turtle is also very cute! Those pancakes sound tasty...;) Hope everything keeps going fine!
Julia
Hi Emma (and Maya and Catherine and Fred)!
We are all so glad to hear that everything has gone so well for you! And I'd bet your cheerful attitude will help it continue that way :) We're all thinking of you and wishing you well. Take care, and we'll see you soon!!
Love, Connie, Dean, Noelle, Rachael, Julia, Bentley and Acadia
P.S. Bentley would like to know if you can order him something from room service.... :)
Post a Comment